how many weeks into pregnancy do you start having a hightend sence of smell?

i was just wondering because today i was in the bathroom doingmy hair and i smelled this overwhelming smell of fried chicken..EH

want2bamommy780

Asked by want2bamommy780 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had mine from the very beginning, probably before I found out I was pregnant. It was one of the things that made my morning sickness a hundred times worse : / I'm kind of used to it now, I've learned to avoid the stuff that makes me recoil =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Shame on me, I was smoking when I found out I was pregnant. I quit that day had not had one since but after about a week and half of not smoking I had a huge heightened since of smell. I think mine was a mixture of being pregnant and not smoking. but that was around week 5 in my pregnancy when my smell increased.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• mine started at about 6 weeks prego... kinda wore off in the middle but picked back up around the 7th month
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 2:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• For me almost immmediately. I couldn't stand the smell of pepperoni and I was working a pizza parlor at the time. It was the worst.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• oh goodness right at about 6-8 weeks, EVERYTHING STINKED, omg, im getting flashbacks lol, i would be in the busy part of the city, you know where all the restaurants are and just want to throw up, it was so horrible :( i had morning sickness with both my boys from about 6 weeks up until delivery
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2008