So do you use wipes on you baby whenever you change his/her diaper, or just when it's poopy?

I've always wiped for all diapers, but I noticed when he was newborn and still in the hospital, the pediatrician changed him without wiping him, and I just noticed a friend of mine do this with her daughter. What about you?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 7:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he's just wet, and recently no I do not. But when I change him after a nap or getting my son up in the morning, I do wipe because they have been sitting in a wet diaper longer than I care for. I think its a personal preference
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I only wipe for poops or if my child is really damp or something. Wipes have soap on them and they can be drying on the skin and cause rashes if used too frequently which is why I don't do them all the time. Because the diapers are absorbent, they won't be soggy all day the way an adult or older child would be if they didn't wipe after using the bathroom.
    degsyuna

Answer by degsyuna at 7:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Glenn is potty training now, and when he pees in the toilet, I encourage him to use toilet paper because he doesn't quite understand how to "shake" properly, LOL.

When he was in diapers, I had to wipe him with every diaper, because he always smelled like urine - his pee just had a VERY strong scent. So to keep it down, I wiped and used a little baby powder with every diaper.

But that was me, and my kiddo. I don't necessarily think it's wrong not to wipe with every diaper, or that it's wrong to wipe every time. :)
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 7:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i wipe for both. it is not good to have urine stay on the skin
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I use wipes every time.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Now that my daughter has turned 2 1/2 & is always running away from me I dont wipe anymore for pee diapers b/c its just too much of a hassel to find the wipes, bring them to her or bring her to them & coordinate everything! This is just a recent thing that I have been doing but eh its the easiest way now esp since often times I change her standing up lol Of course if she poops she is wiped I cant imagine anyone not wiping for a poop!!!!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes, I alway used wipes with all diaper changes.
    My_4_cuties_08

Answer by My_4_cuties_08 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i do with both
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 7:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't unless they have a dirty or they are REALLY wet (like from over night) or nap time .... they have very sensitive skin
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have also used a wipe every time. And like you thought it was strange to see others not doing that.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010