My fiance judges the way I parent, but doesn't do anything to help out with our son.

I do EVERYTHING, from baths to feedings to waking up in the middle of the night..laundry, cleaning everything. If he feels like im doing something wrong he will judge me and let me know. I feel like if he isn't helping or doing anything he shouldn't really have a say on how it should be done. Does anyone else have this problem and any advice on it? Our son is 9 months old

excitedmommy22

Asked by excitedmommy22 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• If he isn't willing to help or if he doesn't have a "bright idea" to help you in another way then he should hush!
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 7:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I tell my SO that all his concerns are heard & taken into consideration however, in the end I have the final say. There have been a couple issues that he has been really upset over & we compromised or I gave in b/c he made sense. If he dosent make sense & what he wants me to do/change is going to be more work for me then its a no. If he whines I tell him he's more then welcome to be the stay at home parent in the relationship then he just shuts up. I suggest you have a talk with your fiance tell him how you feel maybe he will realize then he may not realize he's doing this.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• if he doest help he shouldnt have a say so in what you do. do you think he is going to start helping out more when you guys get married? talk to him and come up with a solution now
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 7:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010