Don't I have a right to be atleast a little upset ?

I have been making a real effort to get along with my future sister in law.... I thought we were finally making progress because we have made plans to do things...( havent actually done any of them yet though) ... well yesterday we ( me, my husband, her and my brother) were suppose to go to this haunted place ( we are into those kind of things, especially her and my husband) ... we have talked about it for like 3 weeks now and I made special plans for my mom to watch the kids ( on a work night) and everything.... 30 minutes before we were suppose to go she calls to say she doesnt feel good and cant make it.

an hour later my aunt calls and says " I thought you guys were suppose to go to that ghost place?"... and I said " yeah but she is sick" ... my aunt ( who was visiting my cousin who lives across the street from them) said well she just went past and they are having a big cookout with like atleast 15-20 people there......

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 7:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why don't you take her a bowl of soup and some medicine? Say you were just wanting to make her feel better. See how she reacts! lolol
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ohhh, yea you have a right to be upset! I would be if it had happened to me!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ummm...yeah...I would be. That's just straight up lying because she decided she wanted to do something else at the last minute. I would not be cool with that.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 7:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• wow. How rude was that?! I'd stop trying to go out of my way from now on and take the cordial when I have to be stance.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would be very upset and would give her a piece of my mind first chance I got.

Answer by older at 7:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yes, and if it were me i'd say something to her,...say "So how was your cookout the other night?"....but then again if you really dont want to start anything then just let it roll off your back, however i am one who cant just let thngs roll....LOL
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I would drive over there and see what she says.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I hope you went without her!!! That was really rude and you have every right to be upset. She lied to you. I can't stand liars!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes you do have a right to be at least a little upset. Recently one of my friends had brought up this same topic how his friend had agreed to plans with him but at the last minute she cancelled saying she had other plans and wouldnt return his calls until later that night when she needed help. He was pretty upset with how he was treated and there's no reason why you shouldnt be at least a little upset about what happened. The best thing for you to do in this case is to try and put it in the past because letting it bother you will do little to help you or the relationship you are trying to build with your future sister-in-law. If in the event it happens again, try confronting her about why she may be avoiding you if that turns out to be case.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yeah I would take her an ice pack and some soup. Perhaps some tylenol.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010