Wedding question..

My df and I are beginning to plan our wedding. We are having a hard time deciding what exactly to do, seeing as I have never really dreamed of a huge wedding. Here are the options -
Option 1- Destination wedding (probably beach) with us and VERY close friends/relatives, honeymoon at same place, then have a reception/party for rest of friends and family at home.
Option 2- Same as option 1, but with more peple at destination and No reception at home
Option 3- Get married at home, have reception, go on honeymoon. Pretty simple.

What would you do?

Here is the other issue. Neither of us are Religious at all! So we do not feel right getting married in a church or want really anything religious at our ceremony/reception. What are some creative ideas for places if we decided to stay home?

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 7:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• in some states you can officiate your own wedding. It might be fun for you and your df to lead the ceremony yourself at a place that has meaning to the two of you.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 7:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• There is no need to get married in a church the beach is a great idea, state park, on a boat.... there are so many options! I think you should just keep it simple have the wedding wherever you want with the closet of friends & family & just party it out there as well! Set up the location for you all to have a good time. If you do the beach just enjoy swimming & a cook out afterwards you can make little beach giftbaskets with blankets, sunscreen, glasses, etc for your guests. I think there are groups on CM that would have many more ideas I am not married & honestly I've worked a zillion weddings but all of them at a four star hotel so all the ideas I have involve a fancy shindig! So yeah that is my thought on it good luck & congrats
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I did option 3 (except for at our temple since we're religious).

Anyway, we kept it all quite small, and I wouldn't have changed at thing (except for my hair- LOL). On your wedding day, you don't really notice or care about anything but your new hubby.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• we sort of did option 3...except our ceremony was for only immediate family and very close friends (we wanted a very intimate, family-oriented ceremony)...and then the party was for all of our friends/relatives.
    honeymoon was just at a fancy hotel here in the town we got married in....

I would say, go for the destination wedding. always thought that would be awesome! (we hope to do a destination vow-renewal!) I think you're first option would be A LOT of fun!!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The first option is ideal for us, its also the most expensive! haha
    So we have to work out those kinks
    Morgs7531642

Comment by Morgs7531642 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Destination weddings are fabulous but often too expensive for friends and relatives. So, I don't know the circumstances for them. Best wishes no matter what you decide!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2010