for those that have DD's in ballet 5 years of age sorry for asking so many questions on this topic

I am looking into putting my 5 year old into ballet I was talking to DH and telling him how much the recital uniforms are which are 50.00 for each costume. Not sure how many recitals they do, but anyway I told DH that I don't think they keep the costumes. He says they probably do since you are paying 50.00 for them. Do you get to keep them or do they turn them back in? What is the 50.00 for then if you can't keep them? Also do you have to buy tickets for the recital if your child is in it? Sorry for all the questions I am new at all this lol

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have been a "dance mom" for 4 years now, so let me answer these questions for you, lol..........Yes, you DO KEEP THE COSTUMES......and unfortunately, you DO have to pay for recital tickets (that's what our dance school does).............our cost is $15/per ticket............
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• ok thank you so much for answering my questions.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes, you do keep the costumes. My daughter likes to wear hers to play in. My daughter's ballet class does one recital per year. They work all fall & winter into spring for a May recital.
    Momof3cuties

Answer by Momof3cuties at 9:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010