OK I am going to ask this because it came up in another post that has been closed.

So now in our current state. Financial, Troops tired and worn out. Do you think we can handle another world war? Is it not true that with the UN we have been able to establish peace treaties and we have back up, we would not other wise have if we left the UN? Now granted we our still a strong Nation we have been weakened a great deal financially, and with the fighting we are currently in. Leaving the UN and stepping into another countries business, could have severe detrimental consequences, and may send our country bankrupt. It is not that we are weak and meager, it is that we must rebuild before we can fund another war. Otherwise we may go from a res-session to a depression.
Does any one agree with me?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 8:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh I don't know. The UN is a viable and necessary institition and the people who have given it some bad press are also the radical right wingers who are so anti -everything. I really worry when people accept the radical right's raving and ranting.

I know there are bad people out there....you don't have to tell me. My DH was in the military for 21 years. I know all about it. We must never forget the past. We must not forget that the war inV ietnam was not a war we could win. France tried dealing wth Vietnam for many years before WE decided to get involved in the early 1960's. France knew it was unwinnable. We were arrogant enough to ignore that fact. We should have learned from that but we didn't. So--now we are wasting lives and money in Afghanistan and Iraq and soon Iran. And for what? They aren't attacking US. Think about it!!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We are already heading for another war. We will be making strikes against Iran in the near future. We will be assisted by Israel and from the UAE..behind the scenes of course from the UAE.

I know you guys don't like to hear this, but there are some very bad people out there. We have seen evidence of this in Hussein and in the Taliban in Afghanistan..these leaders had no qualms in exterminating their own people, what happens if these kind of people go nuclear? We can't make them play nice in the sandbox and we can't send them home. We must be prepared to take a stand in their backyard instead of ours. Just think what could have been averted if it had been done with Hitler.

The UN is a corrupt joke. They think nothing of lining the pockets of those in control of the worlds most pitiful countries..just look at Haiti. Their "sanctions" of wrongdoers are meaningIess. I think it is time for the US to withdraw.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We would save a crap load of money if we did it the old fashioned way.

Ya know, these don't cost very much to print....

Flyer

And for those who have no knowledge of history.... that is the warning flyers that were dropped in Japan giving civilians warning and time to evacuate.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The UN is a corrupt joke. They think nothing of lining the pockets of those in control of the worlds most pitiful countries..just look at Haiti.

Mot to mention the oild for food scandal.

And gertie you are one lost woman. We lost Nam because politicians tried to orcastrate the war instead of letting the military do it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oops should have been "I think we will be assisted...."
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Special I agree they are a joke. I'm not arguing that or that we need to help others. However at this time we need to fix our country first. Going into any thing at this point is not wise. Wars cost money they are not free. We need to fix our financial situation and gives our boys a rest before we even think of going to war. Regardless of who is helping us.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That is true crissy we would save money that way. Though unfortunately men like to show up who has the bigger guns to much.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You make a good point gertie. One that I already kinda thought about and agree with.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 10:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• oild for food scandal.

What is oild? I mean that's not even a word. As for the other comment no we lost because we were to cocky. Go ask some one who was in it they will say we were to cocky.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The UN is no help to us. They steal our money and they are way to liberal. I don't think we are anywhere near a world war. We need to protect ourselves and use good judgment helping our allies(if we have any left). The Iraq war is winding down to the point we will have most of our troops home soon and we need to start taking care of America.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010