well i guess she ate alot of sand :(

i called myself watching her carefully yesterday, but i guess she must have eaten some sand out of our sandbox when i wasn't looking. today i changed her diaper and there was sand in her poop.... it was normal except for that. i'm guessing it's ok since she didn't get the runs or anything from it right? please tell me mine isn't the first baby to gobble down some sand lmao

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What baby doesn't pick up every little tiny speck of dirt off the floor and eat it or a handful of sand when you blink? Isn't the old saying, God made dirt, dirt don't hurt? :)
    JoeyJrsMomma

Answer by JoeyJrsMomma at 8:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Many a babe have eaten their fill of sand and lived to tell the tale...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• nothing wrong with a little dirt now and then...lmao
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i would say its okay as long as shes not eating it all the time...
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• lol yeah mine has, i'm just lucky i grabbed her before she got to the wet sand! lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Haha JoeyJrsMomma beat me to it- God made dirt so dirt dont hurt!
    Mine have pooped out beads before and I am like where the HELL did you find beads to eat?
    Kids are tough (thankfully) and something like a little sand isn't going to hurt them, now if it had been used kitty litter maybe be a bit alarmed but sand? It happens lol!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My mom came down to visit last summer and she took my 6yr old and my 18mth old to the beach. She said that the baby started pooring sand all over his head and then he ate it. I think its just a curiosity thing.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 8:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• as long as the sand doesnt have any bacteria in it you could be ok/...my father ate oysters last year that had sand in them..the sand settled in his organ and started to grow bacteria and he was in the hospital deathly sick for two weeks...come to find out it was from the sand..not trying to scare you but if the baby acts like its in pain or having stomach trouble take it to the ER immendiately and tell them the baby ate sand...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 9:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My 7yo loved to eat sand when she was a toddler. There wasn't much I could do to stop her except keep her away from the sandbox but that was the only thing that kept the kids entertained in the summer. She eventually outgrew it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sometimes when you are cleaning their bottoms the sad irritates their skin. If this happens I would just rinse in the shower instead of using wipes. And yes, beach sand especially is a very common cause of illness because there is a lot of bacteria in it. If you keep your sandbox covered it's probably okay, but a lot of babies and toddlers get worms from eating sand in sand boxes.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010