Does your toddler notice if your dh isn't home for dinner?

Every night we eat dinner together.But tonight...dh has some issues with his truck for work (he's a truck driver) and is stuck about 45 moinutes away from home while they try to fix it. My son is in Niagra Falls with friends..so its just me and my 17 month old daughter. Well, I made dinner. And as I was making her plate...she ran over to the bottom of the stairs that go up to our bedrooms and yelled "Da-EEEEEEEEE! eeeeeeatttttt!!!" a few times. She was looking for her daddy to come and eat,lol. It was so cute. I didn't realize what a routine dinner time has become for us. She looked really confused that I told her daddys not here now, he'll eat later. It was strange for me too to eat dinner with just her,lol.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 8:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's adorable. DS notices when daddy is gone for 5 minutes. LOL. "Daddyyy where r u?" and "Mommy, where Daddy go?"
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No my son doesn't notice b/c he's hardly ever home for dinner but he does look for him in his bed in the morning to see if he came home.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• yes, he does notice but usually daddy is not home to eat with us so that makes it even sadder :(
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• aww...thats sooo sweet
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 8:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh yes.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yes. she notices. he works nights once a week and always asks where daddy is.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes she does, she always points at his chair and says Papa, Papa. Same thing when I lay her for a nap and she looks on her dads side of the bed lol.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 8:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes.. But what is more important is bedtime, she has to get her hugs/kiss..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• So sweet. Yeah my little girl notices when daddy isn't where she thinks he should be.
    KellyN08

Answer by KellyN08 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010