Is it normal to have swollen lymph nodes a week a after having a sore throat?

I had a sore throat for 3 days (no other symptoms)
Then 2 days after the sore throat went away, I got 2 swollen lymphnodes, 1 in my armpit and one on the back of my neck. The one in my armpit is painful if i touch it, the one above my collar bone isnt painful at all, i can just feel the lump though.
I havent been sick in over 3 years, not even a cold...so i am so worried why am i sick all the sudden.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Health

• maybe you had strep throat. my lymph nodes were swollen awhile after i had that. if your sore throat comes back, go to the dr. and check and see if it is strep throat and they will give you antibiotics (it will keep coming back if you don't get antibiotics..... i found that out the hard way lol). like you said i didn't have any other symptoms other than a sore throat. by the third time it came back my throat was so swollen i couldn't even swallow my own spit let alone food or drinks. i had to go to the hospital and get iv fluids and antibiotics (first dose)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ah princessbeth gave the answer I was thinking about....LOL I have had strep throat and it made my lymph nodes swell in weird places too. The doctor will do a test to see if thats what you have, its real simple and doesn't hurt. You do feel sick with it too but get to the doctor and they will test you and give you antiboitics for it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Lymph nodes are the body's trash cans. SOmetimes they get overstuffed. Take a garlic pill 3x per day until you feel better. Garlic is a natural antibiotic & anti-inflammatory.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010