Do you ever just want to cry?

When your baby is obviously so tired, and so are you, but they're fighting sleep as hard as they can? Lol. My son (10 months) is obviously so sleepy, yet I literally have gone into his room just now 9 times because he dropped his pacifier and started fussing after falling asleep. I want to lay down so bad, my head is punding and he's finally sleep (we'll see for how long), but the last time he started crying, I almost did too, lol. Here we are both fighting sleep, but he's making the choice to, I'm not, lol. Cross your fingers for me that he sleeps for an hour or two. :)

I'm only asking this question right now bc I'm trying to wait a few minutes until I lie down in case he wakes up again.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 8:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh yes. And many times I have just sat down and cried! Nothing wrong with that! Nights like those are the WORST, and you are just like, baby I know you are sleepy why won't you just sleep! Hang in there momma he has to fall asleep eventually right?
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I sure do!! My cancer & 4 mos. of Chemo have me fragile & down. But I'm hoping & wishing you get you issues out! I've had Migraines for 31 years! I hate a pounding head. Hope you feel Well soon. Hope things/life perk up soon for all!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i remember being like that when my dd was younger. not looking forward to it again.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Ah yes i feel your pain, but mine is a bit older! He is 4 and he goes to bed at 8, he will get up about 9 times a night asking for water or he has to pee, or to say mommy good night its always something with him! So usually is fast a sleep by 10, so 2 hours of him fighting sleep!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes and I feel your pain. Imagine I had two babies, exactly a year apart! I learned to get by on cat naps. I cried a lot and prayed for them to just fall asleep. I played a lot of classical/opera music, ocean sounds, and took them to the park. Afterwards, they ate and got a warm bath. Consistency, patience and tolerance are the keys. Eventually, your baby will get used to the routine.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• All the time!!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 8:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have 5 kids--it gets hard when they all fight sleep and fight me about going to bed! At 10 months, I'd say he's old enough to let him cry for a little while and not be at his beck and call.
    Be sure you have a good routine going for him. He'll get the hang of it.
    And remember, it's ok to cry. We all get frustrated and overwhelmed sometimes!
    purplemoosemom

Answer by purplemoosemom at 8:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think all moms have nights like these. I am not a 'cry it out' advocate AT ALL, but if he is just fussing and not crying, I'd wait a few minutes to see if he can soothe himself back to sleep. Sometimes they just don't want to sleep or need extra cuddling. Just tell yourself that this too shall pass and he has to sleep sometime. You will make it!
    Viridescence

Answer by Viridescence at 9:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• A couple of pointers...if you don't have a crib bumper, get one...it helps keep pacifiers in the crib (no risk of suffocation at 10 mo.)...also, if he is really attached to his paci, then get him a few and put them all in his crib! Also, don't wait too long to put baby to bed. Put him down at the first sign of being tired (rubbing eyes, pulling ears, etc.). If you wait too long, then a chemical is released in the brain that helps the body stay awake...so the "fighting" it is often just a chemical reaction. Finally, don't push bedtime back or skip naps hoping baby will sleep easier, longer, etc. A well rested baby falls asleep faster, sleeps longer and deeper than one who is overly tired.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010