Should it be my job to remind her?

Should I remind her (BM) to call her kids? We set the time and I had the kids inside so she can call. She had texted me but didnt call. Every time we have called prior it went to voicemail and still wouldn't get a phone call. What would you do?

justme581

Asked by justme581 at 8:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I would not remind her. I would just document the fact, that we had set up a time for a phone call and she did not follow through.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't think it's your job to remind her
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 8:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• she's the mom, it's her job. she's lucky you are there to look after her kids and make phone calls available. just don't get in the way of them talking to her unless it's irrational, like calling at 1am or something.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No, its not your job to remind her. She should WANT to remember all on her own, imo.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Definitely not your "job" to remind her.. but as the daughter of an absent mom and the mom of a son with an absent dad... the fact that you'd go the extra mile to make the kids happy might be worth it down the road.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You would think she would call and not need reminders...
    And NO I would not remind her... Shame on her...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 9:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• She's probably thinking of reminding her so the kids get to talk to her and aren't heartbroken...

I'd say have your hubby do it though.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I say don't remind her also, but I also hope you aren't letting the kids know she should be calling because they probably will be disappointed when she doesn't call. I'm guessing you just keep them inside, so if she calls, they are there to talk, but you don't tell them why they need to be inside.......right?
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 9:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Here is the kicker she has been texting me. I asked her why she didnt call the kids and I didnt get a response. Also we dont tell the kids when she is supposed to call so there isnt a disappointment. We always tell them she misses and loves them and must be busy and we try calling later and no answer.
    justme581

Comment by justme581 (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Correct CJM_SHM...we dont do that at all. They know last minute when things are to happen. Just like visits, when they see her then they know they are having a visit.
    justme581

Comment by justme581 (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010