3 month old sleeping schedule.

My 3 month old was on an great schedule starting when she was about 6 weeks old. Now all of a sudden she decided she didnt want to sleep anymore during the day and barely at night, how do i get her back on track?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 12:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Continue with her schedule as before. Try not to change too many things (frequent visitors, running errand, etc) during her nap time. I know when my daughter was that age she went thru a little phase of doing the same. I just continued as usual and she eventually got herself back on track
    KenadysMom

Answer by KenadysMom at 12:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• make sure she's not overstimulated also. Babiews that have been overly handled or stimulated find it very hard to settle down into a deep sleep and sometimes can't sleep at all.
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• And remember that she is changing/growing, and will not stay on the same schedule forever. It was really hard when Kaylee started switching things up on me, but I found that so long as I kept her bed time the same every night, with the same routine, the day time wasn't THAT terrible. Your daughter is going to start taking a little longer naps, and fewer of them. Kaylee would take about 5 naps a day (I think, maybe 6) and now she is down to 2 maybe 3, but they are longer, and she stays up longer in between. Like the first poster said, try to stick with her same schedule as much as possible, but also make sure that you give her room to slightly alternate her nap times to what she needs them to be.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2008