Does age COUNT? adult content

I am a single mom to a 3 year and been single for four years. I just meet a person but i am really worried about his age. He is a totally polite, kind, caring, and mature. But, he is 18 years old and I am 23 years old. Does age really count?

bridynme

Asked by bridynme at 8:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• does he have a job? do you trust him around your kid?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i wouldn't expect too much out of him at that age. but any relationship can work
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I typically date younger guys than myself, but that's only because it seems that they're the only one's that hit on me. I will say however, that if you are looking for a long-term relationship or a commitment from someone, dating someone significantly younger typically does not work out. But... if you are looking for a new experience and for some fun.. enjoy!!!!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes he has a job and I trust him with my child.

bridynme

Comment by bridynme (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Honestly if you were 34 and he was 30 this wouldn't even be a question. But the problem is that a lot of 18 year olds still have a lot of living to do before they settle down, so age is not the problem.......maturity is.  What will happen when he's 21 and able to go out to bars?  Is he going to give that up to stay home with the wife and kids?  While you might think he's mature he's probably not, lets face it, you've had a child......you grew up because you had to.  He hasn't had to, he's still a teenager.  If you continue your relationship keep your eyes open.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I've always dated older guys, when I was 18 my Boyfriend was 22, So I don't think it's wrong. However it may be a lot of responsibility for an 18 to take in... you know dating someone with kids.
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 9:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think yall should tkae it slooooowwww. But no his age should not matter. You just have to be truly careful with love when you have a child...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• if he is a good guy and you trust him, he makes you happy and is great with your son, then who cares?!?! Age should matter as much as race or religion........as in not at all. You know the saying "love knows no color" well, love knows no number too. I say go for it, as long as you are all happy.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 9:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I am no looking for anything fast. I am in college and will be for a while. I am not looking to get married right now.
    bridynme

Comment by bridynme (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I dont think it matters. Im 19 and my boyfriend/ baby daddy is 22. Its never been a problem for us
    sylarsmama

Answer by sylarsmama at 9:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010