standing up to pee?

my son has been almost potty trained for a month, then recently he kinda lost interest. today he told me he wanted to pee like daddy, so we got the step stool and he peed all his pee in the toilet, which was beginning to be a problem, he would only pee a little then want to get up. well now hes excited about it again and spent most the day standing at the toilet haha. anyways, what do i do when i take him out. if he wants to pee standing up, i know he cant reach the toilet yet so what should i do. i will try to make him sit, but i know my stubborn guy and if he wants to stand thats pretty much it haha.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 8:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just like with using a public water fountain, hold him up so he can reach. also i think the toliets in the handicapped stalls are lower.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yep, I held my little man up.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My son was always talll enough to reach...
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i didn't think about the handicapped ones being lower, i usually go in there because i have a newborn in her carseat and its easier to fit us all in the bigger stall. thanks.
    sweetjpea

Comment by sweetjpea (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Hmm perhaps a compromise and sit him backwards on the toilet. That way he'll still be facing it and still be sitting safely. or just hold him up so he can reach.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:17 AM on Aug. 3, 2010