This is about finances and what can be done?

With the high price of gas, everything going up skyhigh in price,my daughter is in trouble.Her husband is military. She works also.They have debt that they are trying to fix before their baby comes. They can't do debt consolidation because Army thinks they are irresponsible so he would get a bad discharge.(seems to me they are being RESPONSIBLE trying to fix it) No one seems to want to help them at all. They are thinking about selling their furniture and car that she uses to go to work. Now I know a lot of people do have debt, but, I also know that their is someway someone can help them. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Please don't be negative.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• Whoever told them that he would get a dishonorable discharge for filing for debt consolodation is mistaken. My husband is Navy and I'm ex-Navy. The military doesn't kick you out for trying to fix your debt. If they want to make sure they can talk to legal or disbursing about it.

Answer by amethystrse at 3:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Dave Ramsey has wonderful advise on debt and finances.

Answer by mca_parkers at 4:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• thats not true! they DO NOT give a dishonorable discharge for debt! Thats the weirdest thing I have ever heard!

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2008