my son doesn't eat meat what can i try to feed him?

my 18 mth old doesn't eat any meats. he is so picky so that limits me to only so much stuff . i think that he is getting sick of eatting that stuff too. i need help.

southernmama788

Asked by southernmama788 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• neither do i :) so what does he like? or what have you tried? suggestions: peanut butter and jelly, grilled cheese sandwhiches, tuna melts, pastas like noodles with Ragu cheese or cheesy Alfredo sauce, spaghetti with just marinara, cheese pizza, sliced fruit with yogurt dip, i have tons more, i am a vegetarian, i let my kids eat meat if they want but if they opt for something different im ready :) send me a message if you need more ideas
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If he won't eat meat, try making up for the lack of protein with beans, peanut butter and eggs. Some vegetables and cereals are high in iron. Cream of wheat is an example. The ancient Mayans (or was it Aztecs?) anyway, their staple diet was corn, beans and squash. These three combine to make a perfect protein. IOW The diet can be altered to be healthy without meat.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My youngest doesn't eat a lot of meat either, but he does eat a lot of yogurt, cheese, peanut butter, eggs, bananas, oatmeal. You don't need to eat meat to be healthy, but don't stop trying to give it to him. My son loves fish and chicken, but he's not too crazy about red meat (except filet mignon, but he's not getting that!) There are tons of foods that will keep him healthy. Just keep trying different things and steer him away from simple carbs that won't satisfy him.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 1:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• My sons allergic to most meats but there's plenty you can feed them. His pickyness will change just keep offering.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• You could feed him tofu. It is tasteless and the texture isn't overwhelming. It is easiest to buy the 'extra firm' style tofu in block form. Open the package and drain out the water. Put the block onto a few paper towels and place it into the microwave for 2 minutes to dry it out a little more. After its done microwaving, slice it like you would a block of cheese and fry it in a lightly greased pan. You can use cut cubes of it as 'meat balls' or just add a dash of salt and feed it to him plain. It takes on any flavor so you could boil it in soup and it will be tasty. Some people are adverse to tofu, but its worth giving a chance. My son loves it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:13 AM on Oct. 5, 2008