i want another baby.. but im afraid of what happend last time......

2 and half years ago when i had my baby girl. she weighed 9lbs and 4ozs after they laid her on my belly...i started hemerering(bleeding alot).my utres wouldnt contract. they called in the blood bank for a transfusion. and done a EKG on my heart. had ivs hooked up to my arms.....then after an hour of pushing on my stomach my utres finally contracted and i didnt bleed as much...but i didnt have to have transfusion or emergency hystorcetemy...(thank u lord bc i was just 19 at the time) ..i want another one so bad i cant stand but im afraid this will happend again...
if u have had this problem or now someone that did please let me know how they done with another child.....
and PLEACE GIVE ME UR BEST ADVICE...

leAnn21

Asked by leAnn21 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You really NEED to talk about this with your OB/Midwife!!! They can give you the insight you need about this as it relates to your situation!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• THANK U !! THATS WHAT I HAD IN MIND TO DO..I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY ONE HAS EVER HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM AS ME...
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have not had this experience but what makes you think that if you have another child the same thing will happen again? Do you know why your uterus did not contract? If not ask your OB/GYN. It could have been a complication of the medications you were on, and if so thats a simple fix. Or now that this is a known risk factor there are preventive measures they can take to avoid it.
    The key here is to discuss it with your doctor and truly understand what happened and how they can help in the future. GL.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 9:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• talk to ur doc but the same thing happened to my cousin and with her next baby it didnt happen! but she was only in labor an hour with baby #2 lucky! talk to ur doc about the risks and maybe u could have a c section or something! good luck!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree with Morgain. Whenever, I have any questions like this, I call & talk to the doctor. My doctors have been so helpful by giving me information that allows me to weigh the pros & the cons. Only then, can I make an informed decision. The same goes for you. I hope that your OBGYN is able to give you the information you need to help you make your decision.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• THANK U GIRLS...THIS MAKES ME FEEL SO MUCH BETTER HAVING SOME GIRLFREINDS TO TALK TO !
    leAnn21

Comment by leAnn21 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Like the others suggested speak to your doctor and perhaps a counselor before having another child. I didn't experience what you went through so I can't speak from my own experience but I understand that kind of fear; my mother had an incompetent cervix and was unable to carry a child to term. My brother was the biggest weighing only 3 lbs. The doctor advised my mother not to have any more children but she wanted another baby bad enough to risk her own health; my sister was 9 weeks early and just under 2 lbs at birth, unfortunately she didn't survive. 9 months later my parents had me, also 9 weeks early, though I weighed slightly more than my sister and my lungs were stronger. I can't imagine the sort of fear my parents must have had when I was born. A counselor can help overcome those emotional fears while a medical doctor can help explain what went wrong and how to avoid it, or be prepared for it next time. Good Luck.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 9:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Talk with your obgyn. Good luck :)
    Alexsi1

Answer by Alexsi1 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Oh yeah . I've sooo been there. BP dropped to 56 over 20 and I passed out and took two bags of blood. The lower half of my uterus does not contract down the way it is supposed to. I switched OB/Gyn docs and made sure to tell my new one about the issue. So on my second baby we had back up ready. I didn't bleed as much because he knew it was coming. I went on to have two more and had no problems with any of the deliveries. As long as your OB knows what to expect preventative measures can be taken. Go ahead and try for another one. They will be better prepared this time around.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well idont have any advice for you but i hope everything works out for you & good luck
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2010