how can i get my husband to be more involved with me and our daughter? all he wants to do is play on his PS3

I understand that he works all week and he gets the weekends and all he wants to do is chill and play his PS3. i am getting sick and tired of it to the point where i want to hide his remotes and games!!! I dont know what else to say to him to get him more involved in things me and our daughter do.

johana21

Asked by johana21 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Man...wouldn't it be horrible if his ps3 "accidentally" stopped working? lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• just remind him that his choices show where his priorities are. maybe you could work out something of a schedule of sorts with him. he can play his games on weekends after DD is in bed or something.
    have HER ask him for attention. let her know that when she wants to spend time with Daddy that SHE should ask.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well, one day while he's at work..you unplug the PS3 (MAKE SURE YOU UNPLUG IT FIRST!) then you get a tiny screwdriver and you open up the box and you take your pick at whichever tiny little wire you'd like to pull or loosen or microchip you'd like to remove or knock carefully free. Then you put the cover back on..make sure the screws are nice and tight just like they were and you plug it back in. And then you go in the bathroom and practice suprised, innocent looks when he starts yelling "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DAMN PS3?" SHuold give you a few days of freedom from the PS3 :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i dont know what to tell you, my last relationship ended because of an xbox360. my 4 year olds father. and he hasnt tried to contact her in 2 years now!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Make yourself more exciting to be with than the games. And I'm not talking dressing up or acting coy. Make yourself interesting to your husband. Discuss things with him in which he is interested. Plan outings to places he would enjoy going. Be excited about having him home. Greet him like you are excited instead of like you're mad at him. He'll put the games away.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My nephew put some loose change in my BIL's game system once. It caused permanent damage. Accidents happen you know.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That goes along with the little boy in them... Little boys have their toys but so do grown little boys... LOL!! Mom it
    will be ok I promise.
    mistym31

Answer by mistym31 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• let "it" be lost.
    A11

Answer by A11 at 6:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010