is there another way to sooth her???

so my dd is 18 months old and she was down to 2 bottles a day.. well i dicided to finally take them away and she is now screaming bloody murder for baba..other then caving in to her what other ways can i sooth her so she takes her nap????

pinklilly_77

Asked by pinklilly_77 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I still give mine a bottle of water at naptime and bedtime. She's 26 months. I figure as long as she can use a sippy cup or regular cup, where's the harm? It won't hurt her teeth and helps her relax. I know we'll give them up eventually but I haven't reached that point yet.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Oh and I have given her the choice of a bottle of water or a sippy of milk or juice - she chooses the bottle of water every time.
    kaycee14

• Thank you ladies... I just let her cio and shes asleep now...man that was ruff..
    pinklilly_77

Answer by pinklilly_77 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Awwwww I don't believe in cio my kids are off the btl by age of 1
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Ohhhh, been there done that. Mine was 24 months and I had to wean him off the bottle. He didn't drink for a whole week!! No joke. Seven whole days. I had to water down his oatmeal and yogurt, he wasn't dehydrated by any means but he didn't actually drink liquid for a week. Talk about tough. But consistency is the key I can't stress that enough. Mine didn't need it to be soothed off to nap or bedtime though. He just liked to drink his milk from it and didn't ever attach to the sippy cup. He would throw the sippy cup at me at 8 months old and scream for a bottle. Crazy!! LOL
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 11:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2008