Arrgh Hubby needs me to get mad at him to move his butt!!! Tired of nagging!!!

So we recently moved into this house that needs some work. Husband only comes home on weekends and I tell him we need to install the new toilet, the new front door, the ceiling fan, and fix the leaking pipes. We have been here for 3 months now and he still hasn't done anything. I keep telling him it needs to be done.. it needs to be done and so far nothing!!! I am tired of nagging and asking.. I am sick of his broken promises and I started doing things on my own. My sisters noticed that I am doing things on my own and they start to bash my husband cuz he doesnt help! He doesnt like it that everyone is talking behind his back and he doesnt like it when I ask him for help about house stuff!! I am just sick of it. what would you do?

navajomama7

Asked by navajomama7 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Shoot when your sister's start to bash your husband just tell them at least you know how to do it and don't need him to do it. Some times coming home from a long work week, working on some thing at home is a hard thing to do. Make a race out of it. DH and I love working on the house. I love knowing I don't need him to work on things that I can do it on my own.
    justme581

Answer by justme581 at 9:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Maybe it's time to consider hiring the work done. Seems like that might take the pressure off of everyone!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Well, he's only home two days a week, I can imagine he doesn't feel like doing work around the house. I'd just hire someone to do the things you can't do. My father worked out of town all week. My mother handled Everything. If she and I couldn't do it we found someone who could. Your sisters should mind their business or help you get your work done. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Oh heck yeah I would do it my self. I fixed the washer, dryer and oven. My husband tells everyone that I did. He is proud. Your husband probably thinks he deserves the weekends off since he works so hard. Some how he has to find a balance to be more helpful when he is around.
    You need to tell him simply that you take care of the household M-F and you need a little more help now! If he can not understand that have the repair guy show up on Saturday at 7 am and get your husband to pay the bill.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2010