what are some meals you can freeze?

I'm due tyo have our third child in septe,ber and I want to make some healthy meals that can be frozen for after the baby comes. any ideas?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 9:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• lasagna, meatballs...

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• soups
    stews
    chili's
    Lasagna
    Meat balls
    spaghetti
    I also do pancakes so all you have to do is throw
    them into the microwave ...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• pp has some great ideas: goolash (Sp?), Grill lots of chicken or your main meat ahead of time and then freeze them, alfredo, soups and chilis are great and hopefully the weather will have cooled down by then..sorry I am not much help! Good luck on your new little one!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• We freeze Mexican lasagna, lasagna, spaghetti (add some pureed veggies to make it healthier), pastas, turkey burgers (you can freeze them individually with the bun on and everything...just microwave meat and bread separately when you're preparing them to eat)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Chili
    stuffed peppers
    cabbage rolls
    lentil soup
    stew

send me a message if you would like some recipes

And congratulations on your new family member!!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Chili is great frozen. Lasagna. I freeze cooked hamburgs for up to a month if well wrapped, they are a quick meal. I freeze them individually.

Answer by Bmat at 10:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I freeze many of the above items, chicken divan, chicken enchilada casserole, chicken noodle casserole, pretty much any soup, pre-made meatloaves, Salisbury steak, taco meat, meatballs, and I also like to bake cookies ahead and freeze them so I always have homemade treats on hand. quick breads freeze well to. Potatoes don't do very well they tend to break down and get mushy, so I either leave them out of the recipe, or just don't freeze recipes with potatoes.

I did the same thing when I was due to have my babies, and it made life so much easier. You may already plan on it, but I froze most things in foil pans so that I didn't have any more dishes than necessary when cooking!!

Congratulations, and wishing you an easy and healthy delivery!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:21 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You have gotten some good ideas. I also freeze cooked meat. I will grill up acouple of family packs of chicken, steak strips, hamburgers or hot dogs and freeze them. it makes preparing a meal much quicker and if you package it in the right way you could even make small individual meal out of it.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Chili, soups, chicken & dumplings, cooked meats, maybe even make actual meals like what you would make every day and freeze them that way? Afterall, you can buy them at the store like that. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• All of the above ^^^^^^^
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2010