What do you think of having a 10 year gap between kids?

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 9:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have an 18 year gap with my kids. Mine are now 19, 17, 9, and 1 year old twins. Well, honestly it is great. The older ones (boys) get to play with babies. My 9 year old is stuck in the middle and has been the baby and then had to switch to big sis real fast! I wouldn't have it any other way as I've got to spend quality time with each of them at different stages!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My father and his brother are ten years apart. I'm sure when they were younger it was different, but now they don't even notice the age difference.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Um that it's a 10 year gap, so what? lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Whatever! I'm in my 30's I have a brother that is 21 and sister that is 8.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• its excelent! at 10 a child will not have jealousy issues with baby, can mostly take care of themselves, will be all for helping with the baby, will change diapers! its good.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It has it's pros and cons just like having kids 1 year apart. I can't decide what I think is a good age gap lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That would be better than what I am facing...LOL My kids are going to be at least 15 years apart.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• For me personally, I don't think I would like it. My mom is over ten years older than my aunt, and they have never really been close, and my dad is 10 years older than his one sister, and they aren't all that close. I like having my kids close together. Three of them are 19 months apart, and I worry about how they are going to react to the new baby, who is going to be 4 years younger than two of them, and three years younger than the other one.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My boss did that. Had five to ten years in between each kid. She said that they were basically raised like only children because of the gap. Personally I dont agree with it. Although with waiting you have more financial security than when your younger, and more knowledge too, but still why start again? It can make you feel trapped like your children will never grow up and get out of the house ! LoL.
    But then theres the bad thing about being pregnant when your older. Complications, baby deformities, more stress. I mean if you have a kid at forty youll be taking care of him/her until your fifty eight, is that really what youd want?
    Good luck if you do get lucky. No matter what all children are a blessing from God.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 9:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My girls are 17 years apart and my stepson and his sister are 21 years apart. I think it has its pro's and cons. My 7 year old has the wisdom and understanding of older siblings but is lonely at times due to the age gap. She doesnt always get that they are adults and have families of there own.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010