any tips or tricks you use to make yourself drink enough water every day?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 9:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Go over to the sink and drink and entire glass at a time. Everytime I go to the bathroom I go over to the sink and drink a whole glass!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I mix mine with a little juice (yep just like a baby LOL), stir in sugarless flavors, drink the small water bottles because you feel like you are accomplishing something and it won't get hot as fast...
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• You could always measure out 8 or 10 glasses of water into a pitcher and drink it thru out the day.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 9:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• A urologist once told me that when you use the bathroom you go to the sink and get a drink. My aunt would drink every time she passed a water fountain at work. A student told me that she filled up a big glass with ice and water and sipped it all day.

Answer by Bmat at 9:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Did you know that it is a myth that you need to drink 8 glasses of water a day? The truth is that you need the equivalent of 8 glasses of water a day. You actually get a lot of what you need from food. Ex: One serving of broccoli is a glass of water. A few servings of grains will get you another glass. Fruits and Veggies are a great way to get your hydration, fiber, antioxidants and vitamins....plus, if you fill up on those, you won't eat as much of the calorie packed foods.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• IDK, but, once I get started with an ice water, I can't seem to stop.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That's one problem I've never had thankfully! I crave a nice cold glass of ice water like others crave a can of coke lol. Now, I wish I knew the trick to making sure I eat enough fruits/veggies!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:01 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have a 32oz water bottle that I fill up every night before I go to bed and stick in the fridge. I just sip on all throughout the day. It doesn't really seem like as much when I do it that way.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I read somewhere one time that if you don't get enough water by the end of the day to eat a jalapeno pepper, then you'll be able to drink a lot of water. You can also eat foods that contain water, like watermelon and celery.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I notice I drink more water, if it's cold, so I keep bottled water in the refrigerator at work (our tap water tastes nasty) and drink it all day at work. At home, I keep ice water near me at all times, and sip it all day. I usually drink water at meals, too.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 3, 2010