Birthday goodies for day care?

My son's 2nd birthday is tomorrow and I thought about taking some treats with him to day care but most of the kids there are his age and younger There are 6 kids ages 1 yr. - 2yrs. and one 4 year old. What's a good treat to take for toddlers? I'm thinking cookies/cake might be too much in the sugar department for younger kids.

jessicarae787

Asked by jessicarae787 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Do carrot cake or vanilla cookies.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• What about rice krispie treats...everyone loves those and they aren't too super sweet.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 9:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Do you know of any food allergies? Some places don't allow home baked goods brought to schools or daycares, only because they need a full copy of ingredients. what about Jello or pudding so even the little ones can have some.
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 10:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• when i worked at the day care we had moms that would buy or make sugar free cupcakes and for the younger kids they would bring in sponge bob coloring books for the dollar store something little
    liljess09

Answer by liljess09 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My grandson has multiple food allergies including egg, wheat, and rice. It can be difficult.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I mixed snackies like cereal, marshmellows, pretzels, chocolate chips in a bowl and scooped it into ice cream cones for a preschool snack! :)
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 10:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I actually work in a daycare & absolutely dread bdays bcuz of this! My suggestion is ask if the is a dvd player or vcr available & have a movie party. Pop some popcorn & put into ziplock bags... toss in pretzals m&m's Crispex cereal & marshmellows & you have trail mix for the movie! Maybe bake (or buy) cookies to take home along with a goody bag? Pencils, tatoos, plastic rings & Silly Bandz?
    CrazyMammaOf4

Answer by CrazyMammaOf4 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I took cookies, a huge tub of cheese balls (chips) and a huge pack of Capri Sun I bought at Sam's to my son's daycare birthday party.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I have home daycare and here is what I would suggest: first ask about the allergies of the children, they will know about them. Then make something thats not a choke hazard for that age, rice crispies are great and you can put sprinkles in them and make them extra fun! Please do not serve anyone under the age of 4 popcorn it is a choke hazard and most daycare's will not allow it, same thing with pretzels.
    Okigurl

Answer by Okigurl at 7:45 AM on Aug. 4, 2010