IM ALMOST 6 WKS PREGO AND SOMETIMES AFTER SEX I SPOT JST A LIL BIT AND IT GOES AWAY IS THAT NORMAL? I HAVE 2 KIDS AND DNT REMEMBER THAT HAPPENING WITH THEM BUT I ALSO HAVE HAD 2 MISCARRIAGES SO IM A LIL SCARED

kim2316

Asked by kim2316 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• spotting after sex (in my opinion) is normal anytime during pregnancy b/c the cervix is manipulated and some womens cervix is very sensitive. I know mine is and it bleeds anytime i get a pap or have a swab test done. Try to relax spotting lightly after intercourse is not a sign of miscarriage
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Sex or an internal pelvic exam or pap smear. During pregnancy, your cervix becomes tender and engorged with blood vessels, and intercourse or an internal exam can sometimes irritate the cervix, causing some bleeding.
    -What to expect when your expecting
    By heidi Murkoff
    web site:
    http://www.whattoexpect.com/index.aspx?puid=c063d483-5d6d-4f1e-b5da-b8cfa605563e&p=1
    Hope this helps!!!
    Jessiewith3

Answer by Jessiewith3 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• While I'm sure it's probably a sensitive cervix, I am going to point this out again. If you are at risk of a miscarriage (and you are, you stated two) then having sex during the first trimester can cause you to have another. Just so you know. I worked an OB office and heard this from all three doctors we had there and heard it again from my OB a high risk specialist. So I would suggest you talk to your doctor before you have sex again and make sure he says it's ok.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:31 PM on Oct. 4, 2008