Does anyone else feel like their mother's do not like them?

Okay, my mom and I have never had a good relationship, never from the time I was a little kid, too long of a story to get fully in to, but I feel almost like she hates me sometimes. I am 26 now and 6months pregnant with my 3rd child, 1st little girl...:). I have a great husband now, but got married to this guy when I was 18 after I got pregnant with my oldest. This guy beat me and tried to kill me, my mom thought I deserved it and after the divorce was final and after the dude disappeared to mexico I found out she was having an affair with him. My new husband I have been with for 4 yrs, he adopted my oldest, and we have a 2 yr old then the little girl on the way, but my mom still tries to make my life miserable. I do not allow her to have very much contact with my children at all (she lives in MT and I live in OR) but even on the phone as she plays favorites with my kids and I have had to press kidnapping charges on her before

mommatink83

Asked by mommatink83 at 10:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• i ran out of room, but I just spoke with her and my 7 yr old decided to push his little brother and take a toy from him and I put him in timeout and my mom just tries to tell me oh well, to just let him pick on his brother...she is my mom and I don't want to fully cut her off as I have high hopes for a good relationship someday, but I just do not know. I know she used to drink but she told me that she quit but she still acts the same... :(
    mommatink83

Comment by mommatink83 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My Mom and I have never had a good relationship. That's just her. I have never felt liked by her. The feeling is definitely mutual now.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I know she doesn't...she's told me. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sometimes I wonder.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I disowned my mother more than 6 years ago (officially), even though I had been essentially estranged from her for the past 15 years, for LESS reasons than you have!

Without getting into too much, I know for a fact that my mother never wanted me, and blamed me for everything that went wrong in her life from men to jobs to her freedom (mind you I'm an only child!). Suffice it to say, my mother has always been jealous of me, and even though I am almost 42, married to a wonderful husband of almost 10 years and have two handsome children (her only grandchildren), I have never been happier than when I severed all ties!

I have no use for toxic people in my life!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I don't think you should continue a relationship with that woman.. And I wouldn't allow my children to see her, She obviously gets off on making you miserable and whats sad is you allow it. Put your foot down, She is only in your life because you allow her to be in your life.
    Topgunmommy

Answer by Topgunmommy at 10:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This is really sad... my mother was always like a mom that was a best friend....she drives me crazy sometimes but I know everything she does is out of love.. I am sure you will all make sure your children never feel unloved because of how you feel.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• My mom and I had a falling out when I was 18 and didn't talk for 2 yeasrs, now we have a great relationship
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• @LoriKeet: Sadly..I was an only too. LOL My mom screams at me then tells me she is stressed with work. I am 34 and out of the house....why must I get screamed at?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i'm not real close to my mom. but if she was like that i'd cut her out of my life.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010