Need help keeping socks and shoes on my little guy (13mths)any tips or tricks that worked for you?

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 1:04 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used to scream bloody murder when my ma tried to put socks and shoes on me. Try making it a game (buying socks with no seam at the toes and soft shoes help too) I dont know if you do this already but I roll my baby's socks so the toe hits his foot first and just roll the rest right over his foot instead of trying to slide them on. A lot less fuss
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I have no clue! My oldest are 12 and 11 and they STILL hate socks and shoes. I don't like them either. I say, if you don't need them, don't bother. It's natural to go around barefoot. At that age is it really necessary?
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 1:12 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• There's this little girl at my dd's daycare and she hates shoes too! Her mom put on these soft little booty looking shoes. They're really cute. I saw them last night at Target but they're 15 dollars a piece. They have them for boys and girls and with different designs. They're good for here in the HOT texas weather!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I used to use these little caps that slid over my daughters laces so they couldn't untie them - don't remember what they are called but they worked.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• you could get little bells or rattles to put on his laces?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008