is this cheating?

I have been talking to this guy. We kind of dated a long time ago. I have a boyfriend of 4 1/2 years, he is my son's dad. I can't say the relationship is good. I guess he thinks it's good but I'm really not very happy.

I made plans to go see the new guy/EX. I don't plan on physically cheating but I still feel lieke this is in some way a form of cheating. I'm having mixed emotions.

So happy. guilty. nervous.

I'm following the gut instinct and I will follow through with my plans but........ it kind of makes me feel liek a dirty cheater. I'm not sure if I care at this point.

BTW baby daddy cheated on me twice, it was years ago before anything got really serious but he is a dirty cheater too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if hes a cheater then i say go for it. cheaters deserve to get cheated on
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I think you answered your question at the end there ..."... but he is a dirty cheater TOO."
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Two wrongs don't make a right... yes it is cheating.... If you don't want to be with your boyfriend anymore...you need to break it off with him first before you see this guy.Otherwise...don't do it.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i firmly believe that if you feel you are going to cheat it is best to just break up. its going to happen anyway, right? dont cheat, dump the current before you go out with the next.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Would you want to lower yourself to his level?
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 10:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Him cheating does not make cheating on him right.

As to if this is cheating or not I always say it is not cheating if you can tell your SO about it and it will not make them mad.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• If you have to lie about it...it isn't right. Just because he's a dirtly cheater, doesn't mean you have to or should stoop to that level. If you're not happy in your relationship, let it go on its own merits. You'll feel a lot better about any new relationships if you do it the right way (and so will your new partner...I've often thought to myself "If he did it to her, what makes me think he won't do it to me?"

Hope it works out with the new guy....you deserve to be happy.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• This is emotional cheating, have you tried counseling or trying to talk to him about whhy you two aren't happy.... I've been cheated on and cheated and it doesn't feel good either way, if you feel like this then maybe it is time to go your seperate ways, GL!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Yes, its cheating. If you can't do it, say it, whatever in front of your SO, I consider it cheating. What he did before is his problem and your problem for allowing it and staying with him. Doing the same makes you the same as he is. Be the bigger person, either get counseling for your current relationship, or leave your boyfriend before starting anything with this new guy. You know what is right, and what you are suggesting is in no way right. Think of your child above all else.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• you need to let go of the baby daddy BEFORE you go any further with the guy you are cheating with.... and yes I think you are cheating
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010