If pit bulls are so nice then why do you hear about the lady who took good care of her dogs, but they suddenly killed her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Pets

• Haven't heard about her. I have an Amstaff and he is the sweetest thing ever.
    Anonymous

• Honastly this makes me so mad especilly when people have never owned one!! If you have a pitt bull from a puppy on then they would not have a tendency to be mean, but the people who go and rescue them from shelters or find them and they seem nice enough at first but they will turn because 90% of them have been neglected and abused those are the ones that turn and that could be any other type of dog aswell in the same situation!! I have had many dogs and I have always had a tendency for small cute dogs.... well i have kids now and they are the ones who were attacking my kids!!! we got a rottweiller about 2 years ago when he was a puppy and everyone thought I was Nutts!! and that is the best family dog in the world !! IT'S ALL ABOUT HOW THEY ARE RAISED FROM PUPPIES NOT THE BREED OF DOG!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• The main reason why you hear so much bad stuff is about pit bulls is because they can do some big damage to people. What I have found was that smaller dogs tend to bite a lot more than pit bulls but because they don't cause the damage they don't get reported as much. I have been around pits bull and they are very sweet dogs, it's too bad that they got such a bad rap.
    calapuls

Answer by calapuls at 2:09 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I agree with the above posters. It is all about how you raise the dog, not the dog themselves. I have friends who have pits who are GREAT with their children, and would only ever hurt someone if they were going after those kids (Like a family dog SHOULD). They would never turn on their owners or people that they trust. Like the second poster said, its all about raising them from puppies. IMO You can not trust ANY dog 100% that you get from a shelter that has a history of abuse.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:13 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• if you look up or read a book on pit bulls all they want to do is please their master. i have a pitbull mix and he is the biggest baby i have ever met!! if he doesnt get his way he whines and cries until he does and he sleeps undercovers and on pillows like a person. i dont believe when people blame the breed because its about what you teach them to be. but when someone knocks at my door he goes nuts making sure they know its his house...meanwhile if someone broke in he would jump on them and probably kiss them until they surrender
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:00 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• !!! People like this make me mad! I have a pit bull and she's great. I would NEVER bring her into my home around my two year old if I thought she would hurt him. Lets clear something up and this is true. A lot of the times when you hear news stories about "pit bulls", the dog may not have even been a pit. News people like that word "pit bull" because it makes for a better story. WE as a society are the problem here, not the "pit bulls" aka Am Staffs or any other dog breed. Also there are plenty of other dogs that cause injuries and attacks but they don't get the coverage form the news memebers. Now don't be ignorant, please go get educated about these dogs before you say bad things about them. Go to Youtube and type in " save pit bulls" or soemthing... there are tons of great videos that show their side and what HUMANS do to them. 87 % of pit bulls die young b/c of abuse not b/c they were put down for being "mean dogs".
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I'm an RVT and CVT(registered and certified veterinary technician) I have been these for 13+yrs. I also OWN a pitbull, I've had her since she was a puppy, she was raised with 3 cats, and the cats beat her up. I agree with scaredmommy08, both personally AND PROFESSIONALLY

Bobbysmommy324

Answer by Bobbysmommy324 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It's not the dogs, it's the owners. If you have a breed that is prone to or bred for violent behavior, You have to train your dog. If you don't train your dog, you are asking for trouble.
    Anonymous

• i heard about that on one of those news channels, where her son saw it happen. it was terrible. i don't like to bash the breed but since i have heard of this happening it makes you wonder. i don't think they lie about the breed that's stupid. her son said that they were pits and was confirmed. my hubby had one before we married and that was around the time i heard about the lady who was killed by her beloved pits. so i was really scared and i feared even more that he would sense that. he was really nice but i don't agree with pit owners that their pit is the sweetest and blah blah so was my corgi and when me and my brother were separated from it for some time he ended up just biting an innocent kid. now really a corgi. i think a dog has the tendency to get violent at anytime for any reason and with a pit (this is fact) their jaws can lock. then your asking for a world of hurt and regret.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• part 2
    i wouldn't have any near by kids. i'll stick with my standard poodle or boxer. also it's not the owners that cause dogs to go insane when they do. that's stupid. it's in the breeding. you know like watch dogs. chows are bad dogs as well.
    melody77