Needs help advertsing

Hey I just started a new online business. I can't seem to sell anything yet. I feel like I spend hours after the baby is in bed trying to get people to buy. I have the company on sites such as Facebook and Twitter. I even put it in online classifieds. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• I find it harder to market products online, props to those who can do it.
    Go to work at home sites like http://www.wahm.com/ most all of them have a forum with a spot for marketing. Also do you just have your biz listed on your facebook page or are you marketing it on facebook because there is a big difference.
    When doing the free marketing it DOES work but it takes a lot more effort so whatever you are doing you have to be really consistent with it and it probably isn't going to produce results overnight.
    Rule of thumb is someone needs to see something 3 times before they will actually bite. Also someone could see it but not need it at the moment so be consistent and you might catch them when it is right timing.

Good Luck!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 8:20 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Craigslist and Ebay are good!!
    wmjsease

Answer by wmjsease at 10:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my company's website is http://www.oxfordhealthandbeauty.com if anyone is interested :)
    MelSwim7

Comment by MelSwim7 (original poster) at 10:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• What kind of business? Can't answer w/out more specifics.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• its a health and beauty business... its all online. I baasically just advertise for them and they handle all merchandise and I make commission off what is sold through the website
    MelSwim7

Comment by MelSwim7 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Tweet and facebook status should be about cool parts of the site, and cool thing you sell...
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have a list of sites in my Blog:

Free Advertising

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Tweeter, Facebook, newspapers, radio all work for me!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 12:32 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It's pretty tough these days to drum up business like that because the internet has become saturated with everyone doing pretty much the same thing. However, just get involved with as many communities as you can online, talk to people in your "offline" community as much as you can, and just keep networking, networking, networking. Don't spam online forums...nobody will pay attention to what you are trying to promote. Find communities that are related to what you sell and get very active with them so that you can build a reputation of somewhat of an "expert" in that area, someone who people will see often and get curious about your business. Also start a blog and keep it nice and tidy and stay very active on it. Find and swap ad links with others in the same industry to help drive traffic to your blogs. All of those things will slowly get you noticed, but you have to stay consistent if you really want growth! Good luck!
    pam

Answer by pam at 2:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• What kind of networking are you doing? Lead sharing groups, national association of women business owners, chambers of commerce, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2010