Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MN prego without short-term disability.

I'm almost 32 weeks along and starting to get nervous about making ends meet when baby is here. I have a job, but with a very small office where I have no benefits. I was under the impression that I may get some benefits after 90 days, but those came and went with nothing and now I'm too far along to get a different job.

Does anyone know if I can claim Social Security disbility, or get private disability insurance this far along? Any advice?

I will be having a c-section and have a toddler. So I will have to wait at least 6 weeks for a daycare to take them. Therefore, I'm also looking for advice on how I can survive on my husbands income alone. (Anything except baby sit....I don't do well with other people's kids).

Answer Question

Asked by sunshine58103 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 17 (3,585 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • try getting local assistance. like foodstamps and should help

    Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

  • MN prego?
    In other words....Pregnant in Minnesota ?
    Call the State Offices and ask for the department that is in charge of financial aid and PA.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

  • Yes...pregnant in Minnesota....good job!!

    I was hoping you wouldn't say that. In Minnesota they have things delegated to counties and the county I live in is really really hard to deal with. They are the kind of county that would make me want to do amature night at a gentlemans club rather than call them and ask for resources. And trust me, with this cellulite amature night is the last thing I want to do!!

    In other words, I'm trying not get get any more state assistance. I am on medical assistance and WIC already and don't want to delve into the world of "welfare checks". (no offense of any sort intended, I just feel like I have enough "free" help). Does anyone have any ideas of short term disability, aflac, social security, etc?? Is there anything out there i'm not thinking of?

    Comment by sunshine58103 (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

  • I don't think having a c-section is a short term disability... I think the only thing you can do is food stamps and whatever they have that comes with it... I know every state is different but, i'd go in and talk to someone.

    Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.