Have you ever accepted cash or other items for sex at times of desperation? adult content

Ok so I'm not looking to be judged, just wondering what someone else would do in my position. I recently reconnected with a guy who was a childhood friend. At 18 I moved out on my own and started a family, when he turned 18 he moved out and moved around alot throughout the U.S. however we stopped being friends long before that. We hadn't had an actual conversation for probably about 14 years. Last year I split from my husband and moved back home with my two kids. I haven't been able to find work and am stressed out about never having any money and my mom likes throwing it in my face that she currently supports me and my kids. Now this guy recently moved back to town and during our first conversation after all this time he told me he thought I was hot and gave me compliment after compliment then offered to pay me for sex. I've allowed men to use me, but I've never been paid cash for it and I'm tempted to take his offer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Well I am not so sure I would be able to look my self in the eye if I did that. Can you respect your self after ? I guess it is not any different than me telling my husband I will do anal if he gives me a new sewing machine or a trip.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I see absolutely no difference between allowing someone to pay your or gift you for sex than having sex with your SO or DH in order to get your way... I see nothing wrong with it... If you feel you can and are willing to do it, just make sure you are doing things safely.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• haha i like your answer mmegan38..... that was a good one....
    but on the other hand... is that money really going to do alot of good to you? is it going to support you and your kids or is it just going to be a little something extra in your pocket? that is the real question here...
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• That's a tough one - I actually considered it about a year ago (long story), also considered doing porn for about a week, but in the end I decided not too, because I knew it would make me feel even more guilty, cheap and worthless than I had already felt at the time. I have let men use me my whole life, but I knew taking the money would just make me feel worse, not to mention the thought of what my boys would think of me if they were to ever find out.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I agree with the other posters. You'll have to be very careful because it will have an affect on you.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 10:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i personally have a rule that i dont want to do anything my children would find out about... i watch who i hang around what i do and where i go because there is fact that your pride and joy may not see your dilemma the way you do - and therefore may very much look down on you. but then trafficking your body is illegal in most states so couldnt you have a record? the guy could black mail you and ruin your life for years to come if you to do this

i got naked when i was drunk once and it was me and another girl - the guys took pictures and then one guy kept the pictures for years. he actually tried to tear me down and black mail me with them well into my 20's when i 18 when it happened. i wasnt a slut i was just very free at the time lol - i never had sex with any of these guys or even let them get close to me

Yea it was terrible i would think a lot before choosing to so such a thing
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 10:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Of course you have been paid for sex..Its called MARRIAGE!!! But in all seriousness, I know that things look abit difficult right now, especially in this economy, but if you are here asking us for our thoughts I think you already know what you want...What I am actually hearing from you is that you want somebody to talk you out of it...You dont want to do this, if you did you wouldnt be asking you would be telling us what you did...However if you do choose to do so, make sure you have him tested before you do, 14 years is along you have no idea what or who he has been in....Take care, I truly believe we are not given more than we can handle..
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I'd do it! Just look at it this way, your friend is helping you pay your bills, and you're getting some booty. Double win.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 11:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I haven't done it and wouldn't do it. Personally for me, I don't want to do anything I wouldn't want my daughter to ever do -- and that is something I definetly don't want her to ever do
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No. I'm not a prostitute. This is not a judgement but a statement. I wouldn't be a prostitute. There are plenty of other jobs that are not as shocking I wouldn't do either...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2010