$5 bunny

$5 bunny
On saturday I bought the kids a $5 bunny, at a street fair from a 4-h girl, and I had it in a rubbermaid tote with a screen cover till today when I could get a cage. So I bought it food, treats, a edabile rabbit log to hide under, a water bottle and two toys, but could not find a rabbit cage, (I live in a screwed up rural town), so I bought it a dog kennel with a plastic water proof bottom. Is there anything else I need? It is so tame, and has a sweet personality. I want it to be happy.

blue_glass_mama

Asked by blue_glass_mama at 11:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Pets

• Not that I know of! But congrats on the bunny!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:05 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sounds like you covered all your bases, have fun with your new bunny!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• LOL... sounds like that $5 bunny is costing you BIG bucks
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• you can liter train a bunny.. you should look it up. :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 11:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• A large dog crate is way better than most rabbit cages that have wire bottoms-those are really bad. I have a GIANT house rabbit that is litter trained. She has a large plastic dog crate that her food, water, and litter box are in. She is so good about the litter box that I do not even close the crate door anymore, so she has run of one room all the time and the house when we can keep an eye on her. Google "house rabbit society" they have TONS of info on caring for house rabbits. Also look into getting it spayed/neutered before maturity so it will stay sweet. Hormonal rabbits are NOT nice. And good luck with you new addition!! Pm me if you have any specific questions :)
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 11:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I have a netherland dwarf male rabbit and he lives in a large wire cage outside. I personally think those are best because the waste falls through and the animal stays clean.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You should get a litter box because you can train them to use that and it makes cleaning up after them a lot easier. Congrats on your bunny and it sounds like you have just about everything you need. Now it's just time to spoil him/her. What did your kids name the bunny?
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 3, 2010