2 year old dd said what?!

Our dd was laying in bed with me and dh, and out of nowhere she says "goos coming"..and pointed at the ceiling..both sides of the family are somewhat intuitive, like I know when my stepdad's spirit is around and so on..so I'm wondering if she's like this or what? Dh asked what she said and she repeated it again but neither one of us could figure out what she was saying..advice? I don't want to grasp at nothing, but it freaked me out a little

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 11:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My almost three year old sees an "angel" on the ceiling all the time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• They say young children and pets can see spirits.
    Mommy2Five23

Answer by Mommy2Five23 at 11:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• goos.... God... is there a word for granddad or grandma that she says that sounds like goos. Ghost sounds that way but i dont think a child would say ghost... a child would name the person.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Sounds like she is saying god is comeing...
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• No..the only grandparent that has died is my stepdad 8 yes ago, and we've never talked to her about him
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• i would ask her what goo looks like. my dd tells me that she sees alot of different things, and i truely believe that she does since she can tell me details. go with it!
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• maybe she was just talking. 2yr olds do that you know....mine talks all the time. she loves showing me the moon and the clouds, basically everything she's amazed by
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• maybe "goo" is her gardian angel :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• "They say young children and pets can see spirits."

Mommy2Five23 is right. Children see things that we either can't see or won't see. I also agree with candle5, ask her about goo. What does goo look like or sound like? Her answers might surprise you.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• yes, the young ones are more sensitive to the spirit world. My BFF's daughter used to tell us about her grandpa that would visit her in her room... he had passed years before. She could describe him in vivid detail and said that she felt safe when he was in her room!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2010