Curious....

How do you moms feel about Obama's tax raise for $250,000+ and tax cut for everyone else? Do you think that this will inadvertently hurt us?

lilac84

Asked by lilac84 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, I fall in the tax cut bracket but I don't think it's fair to tax people who work their ass off or who spent years in college to get the education that allows them to make so much while the people who abuse the system(s) get tax cuts. On the other hand I don't think it's fair to tax those who can't afford it either. I will say I don't know the details of Obama's plan either. If there's going to be any increases or cuts, it should be on a percentage based on income.
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Oh my god, he's not raising taxes!!
    Anonymous

• I think it's BS, and I would get a tax cut.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:19 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Oh my god, he's not raising taxes!!
    Really? Then why was it said in the debate that that was part of their plan?
    Jessy0419

Answer by Jessy0419 at 2:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• OMG yes he is!! Ask him, or go on his website, I got this from there "Cut taxes for 95 percent of workers and their families with a tax cut of $500 for workers or $1,000 for working couples."

And I found this in the suntimes "Obama says he would hike several taxes on people making more than $250,000, including the amount they pay on capital gains. Currently, the top income tax rate is 35 percent. Under Obama, that would go back up to 39 percent. Obama's staff told the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center he would raise the rates for people in the top two brackets -- about 2.5 million filers out of 100 million-plus. People in those high tax brackets would see the tax rate on their capital gains hiked from the current 15 percent to 20-28 percent."

lilac84

Answer by lilac84 at 2:25 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• When JFK, Reagan, and W., cut the top tax rates, the revenue to the government INCREASED! Since Obama wants to raise the top tax rate, it is quite reasonable to assume that the revenue to the government will DECREASE. How exactly, is he going to pay for all his new social engineering programs that he wants to enact to take away our rights and responsibilities as individuals?
    Oh, and if he gets his capital gains tax hike, guess hubby and I just won't open that business we had wanted to. Bye-bye jobs for all of you looking forward to your tax cuts of $500 to $1,000. Bet you'd rather have a job. But I could be wrong. Maybe your sense of class envy is more important to you than having a job.
    mommy22miracles

Answer by mommy22miracles at 2:52 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Yes--he is a taxer! Look up the senate bill he introduced which would tax us at .7% of our GNP to give over 65 BILLION a year to the UN to redistribute the wealth of the US---Joe Biden pushed it through his committee. Look at his voting record. How do you think he will support all the govt programs? AND besides, as a small business owner--who do you think will pay for the increase in our taxes? We may have to lay people off--that really creates wealth!
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 4:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I don't know if it will hurt us but I don't think it is fair. I wouldn't blame anyone, especially those just over the $250,000 mark, to start "hiding" their assets. The very rich may not feel it but it doesn't make it fair or right.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 7:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

•  U supposed to work hard at whatever dream is out there for you.     I think for all those who do make that much money should take into consideration all the years that they have made so much money that  they shouldn't be afraid of a tax raise, they know they can make money,  would it put a dent in those pockets, would those be hurting afterwards, or do you just want to forget about the economy which holds the Children of ALL OUR FUTURE in IT!!!!    

patientchild_2

Answer by patientchild_2 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Akinbottom2..... thank you! I've been calling him a Robin Hood since the first time I heard his economic plan! It's nice to hear that someone else thinks so!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2008