Who knows....

Where I can find cheap winter clothes for my son (size 12 or 18 months) and socks for me and my son? It got cold faster than I was expecting and I'm not prepared. Thanks!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:14 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Shopping

• I go to second hand stores all the time to buy the warm stuff for me and the kids. It saves us a lot of money that way and some of the stuff is really nice. I would rather pay $2 for a sweater for my kid that will grow out of it in a few months than pay $10 for the same thing new. Goodwill and all of them are great, and a lot cheaper than those stores that specialize in children's clothing that are used.
    calapuls

Answer by calapuls at 2:24 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I agree with previous post. I shop at second hand and consignment shops for everything. We have a store called "Once Upon a Child" and they has fabulous clothes. Yard sales are excellent too, although they are dying out. I love to shop and have new things(at least new to me) and this is a great way to satisfy the urge to shop. Also, I have had alot of luck on Ebay too, you just have to know how much you are willing to pay. Good Luck.
    fbic72

Answer by fbic72 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Freecycle.com in your area
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 5:58 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Thrift store for sure!!! More for less there.
    patientchild_2

Answer by patientchild_2 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008