Have people ever asked you if you're pregnant when you're not?

I got an email from my cousin saying congrats on the pregnancy. It's the 2nd time in about 2 years that she's sent something like that to me. But the thing is, I'm not even pregnant, nor am I trying.

What's your story?

Erica_Smerica

Asked by Erica_Smerica at 11:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what happened to me is almost opposite. i was pregnant and saw my cousin and she was like 'damn you're fat, if you want an exercise partner i'll be it'. She felt so bad when she found out i was pregnant.
    SolaraDarkset

Answer by SolaraDarkset at 11:33 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• would she know that you aren't? if so is there a chance that she is being mean? i'd call her on it and tell her she will be one of the first to know if you are preggers again but until then zip it!
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Someone asked when I was due once. I told her March 16th, FOUR YEARS AGO! Her mouth dropped and she turned bright red. LOL poor lady.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 11:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I was asked when my baby was due...three months after her birth.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• my sister. when she thought i was and just wasnt telling. lol she still didnt believe me until like 3 months later.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I do but, they are just being BUTTS!! My husband and I have 5 kids and don't use hormonal BC so, my mom asks all the time if I am pregnant.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• When I had my 4 month old daughter and 4 year old sister at the park 5 years ago, someone said something like "aw! It's nice you want 2 so close in age" I asked what she was talking about because 4 isn't all that close and she said "aren't you pregnant again?" I'd never med this woman! When I told her no she said she was sorry a dozen times. poor woman felt so bad! i didn't mind being asked, I was still a little big in the belly :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• I had someone ask me that a few months ago..I just told her no, that I was just fat...LOL
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• not me but my mom - she had a hysterectomy after having a tumor the size of a football removed - after going under the knife for that and 2 C-sections and gail stones she did not want to go under the knife again for Reconstructive surgery - her belly looks like she is always pregnant. my brother came up to me and told about how while she was grocery shopping some woman came up to her and asked her when she was due - my mom was like 50 and deeply hurt.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 11:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Not me but it happened to my sister once. She had taken a birth control shot and gained a lot of weight. Her husband was giving her a hard time and she felt really bad about herself because nothing she did got the weight off. I can't stand when people just make that assumption. I have always gone by the notion that you don't congratulate someone on their "pregnancy" or ask when they are due until they tell you themselves they are pregnant.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2010