BABY SHOWER QUESTION????

I AM NEW TO MY AREA AND HAVE NONE OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY HERE, I MOVED HERE LAST SEPTEMBER WITH MY BOYFRIEND AND BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM I HAVE NOT MADE MANY FRIENDS I GET ALONG WITH A FEW OF MY BOYFRIENDS FRIENDS GIRLFRIENDS AND WIVES BUT NOBODY THAT HANG OUT WITH OR WOULD CALL CLOSE FRIENDS....AND I DONT THINK THAT MY BOYFRIENDS FAMILY HAS ANY INTENTION OF THROWING ME A BABY SHOWER... SO DO I ASK SOMEONE TO THROW ME ONE??? WOULD IT BE INAPROPRIATE FOR ME TO THROW MYOWN??? OR JUST GO WITHOUT???

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 2:15 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Throw one yourself, but ask someone to help
    Anonymous

• Don't go without! You can ask your boyfriend if his family is planning anything. If they aren't I would throw myslef one. If you live anywhere near me I would gladly throw you one! =) If all else fails your friends here on cafemom could throw you a virtual baby shower! =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:18 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• If no one will do it for you then theow your own, you deserve to have one.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Ask your BF what he thinks. I, personally, wouldn't feel comfortable throwing myself one. If you are OK w/ that, though, go for it!
    Anonymous

• throw your own! everyone deserves a proper shower!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Why not talk to friends back home and see if they can throw you a virtual shower? They can look at your registry on line and order or send you gift cards. I'm kind of an etiquette hound and throwing your own shower seems kind of presumptuous to me (JMO). But a week or two after the baby is born, you and your boyfriend could have a "Welcome Baby" party and invite his friends and their wives/girlfriends over to see the baby. Keep food super simple (everyone will understand) and its a bonus if you can do it during a sporting event, so the guys can go hide-they can only take so much baby cooing! This can be a less awkward way for everyone to come over and you will still get gifts!

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It's a big no-no in manners to throw your own baby shower. HOWEVER, in your situation, if you are SURE nobody is planning one for you, ask your SO to do it. Of course you will help him and probably do most of it yourself, but it will look like he is very caring (which I'm sure he is) and you are not being gossiped about as the beggar of gifts. :) Send the invites with his name on the return address and make sure he attends. You can even have him make it co-ed. Our shower was co-ed and it was a blast! Just make sure it's not too frufru, which it wouldn't be if he planned it anyway. :) Also, having your SO plan it may make his family jump to it as well. They may just not have thought about it.
    AndrisMom

Answer by AndrisMom at 10:11 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• this is what i would do, i would register online at stores like www.babiesrus.com, www.kmart.com and www.target.com, and have your family send you gifts, etc/ You really dont have to have a baby shower, as long as you get gifts, but i would definitely go home (to where your family stays) and have one after the baby is born. If you really want one there, you could just hint around that you would like one in a nonchalant way, but more than likely his friends will bring gifts by after the baby is born, we had one at my job and my husband also got tons of gifts from coworkers as well, so if your bf coworkers know he is expecting they will send something
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2008