My little man is sick.....

He's been running a fever of 102 and high and Tylenol doesn't work but so far Mortain does. Poor baby barley ate today and has been having really nasty diapers every hour and sometimes more. Of coarse I'm keeping him well hydrated. He loves drinking from bottle waters and gets mad if I don't share mine. (he's 1) I don't know if it's a bug he caught or because of his molar he just barley got him. Maybe it's a combo of both. He's up a lot at night burning up and just wants something to drink and a clean diaper then he cuddles with me till he falls asleep. Anyone else have this with their Los when they were getting their molars in? My daughter who is almost 3 never even fused or showed signs that she was getting molars in so this is new to me. He never been this fussy with teething before.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give him pedilight ( spelling wrong) or sports drinks. Too much water wont be good, as for eating put an ice cube in a baby sock and let him suck on it to numb his mouth or put baby orgel on it. Just keep him cool hopefully he gets better.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• It sounds more like an infection. Take him to the doctor as soon as you can.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• The only time my daughter ever had symptoms like that was when she had a rota virus - she was in the hospital for 5 days.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Really no point. Last time he was sick he was a lot worse. Last time he has over 104 fever that never went down and he wasn't eating and the doctors did nothing just told me to continue what I was doing. I hate doctors. I planned on taking him to a doctor if he still sick for the next two days since we now live in a different area and don't need to go to the stupid base doctors.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2010

• Dont give any heavy meals just crackers or some toast, lukewarm baths an go back an forth between tylenol an motrin like every 4-6 hours but i do suggest that if its been more than 2 days an hes not getting any better go to a doctor
    arielmarie394

Answer by arielmarie394 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Don't give sports drink to a child this age without talking to a doctor first, the sugar can make the diarrhea worse. So can artificial sweeteners found in the sugar free or low-sugar varieties. Water is perfectly alright as long as you can get some crackers or something like that into him so that his sodium levels don't drop. Popsicles are very good for this too.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• IT really sounds like something more than teething. I would say he has a virus. Pedialite popsicles might be a good thing for him. It will numb his gums and give him some water he has lost. Try some yogurt also, it may help with the diarrhea, as well, and it's also cold and high nutrients since he is not eating well.

Good luck mama!
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 2:01 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Could be an ear infection. My daughters fevers dont respond to fever reducers when ever she has one. ALso, she doesnt eat and drink as well.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 9:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Babies need to be taken to the doctor when they are sick. Drinking a lot of water and having diarrhea can cause electolyte imbalances and that is even worse than dehydration. I've been hospitalized for it twice. Fever is a good thing when you have an infection. It's the body's defense system. If you give meds to lower the fever you aren't letting the body fight off whatever is going on. Babies livers don't work well and Tylenol and Motrin are hard on the liver. It's can be dangerous to blame illness on teething and not get it checked out because of irrational fears. Babies can get life threatening infections quickly like RSV, menningitiis, & pneumonia.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:26 AM on Aug. 3, 2010