Its very painful to walk.

When I was pregnant with my first, it didnt start until late in the pregnancy, maybe 32 weeks or so, but I'm about 22 with this one, and its really painful to walk, and get up and well move my hips in any direction. Is that normal?

xmama_bellax

Asked by xmama_bellax at 12:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Round ligament pain is normal. Don't bend or lift anything and relax with your feel up
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It depends on your weight, activity level, physical health, etc. You are likely a bit heavier than you were with your first pregnancy and extra weight puts extra pressure on your joints, bones and nerves. Your new baby may also be larger. See your doctor if it continues.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• ditto what they both said

I found getting on my hands and knees helped get baby up off my pelvis some too
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Its not ligament pain, I know whats thats like. I weigh a lot less than I did with last pregnancy, and I hope this baby isnt bigger my first was almost 10 lbs. Its most where my legs meet my hips
    xmama_bellax

Comment by xmama_bellax (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Same here. I'm 27 weeks. I agree with the PP who suggested the hands and knees position for relief.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It's more than likely just pressure on your pelvic bones. Talk to your doc next time you're in, in the meantime hands and knees position will help take some of the pressure off if that's the problem.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You may also want to see a chiropractor about this. It could really help.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• oh my hips have been killing me since around 17 weeks or something like that... they pop out of joint and stuff...
    what helped me was a lot of stretching (prenatal yoga stuff) and swimming instead of trying to go for walks.
    a chiropractor could help too- i haven't been yet because our insurance won't cover it but I might still before the end of the pregnancy (i've heard its supposed to help you deliver easier)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:22 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It is probably round ligament pain or the baby is laying on your nerves. My hips have also been bothering me this time. It could be how you are carrying the baby. Best of luck Mama.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:37 PM on Aug. 3, 2010