Did you get what you wanted?

Did you get to pick the names you wanted for your children or did you have to compromise?

2boimommy

Asked by 2boimommy at 12:23 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Baby Names

• i got to pick the names of the first two but the third one i had to compromise
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 12:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I got the names I wanted :) thankfully he liked them too though or I would have had to compromise
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:24 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i picked one, he picked one, and it sounded better a certain way so that's what we chose.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Kind of.
    I wanted Olivia for my daughter then a couple days before she was born hubby tells me he hates he name. So i wanted MaKayla next but hubby hated the ma in front so we removed it and now have Kayla. With my son I wanted Conner or Liam. Hubby hated both and wanted Caleb or Loyd. I hated both so I choose Conner because he liked that better then Liam but I refused to go with the names he picked. Especially Loyd. Now we are both very happy with our choices because the names go perfect with our kids.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:28 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I did get my way :) Lol
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:33 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• With the first, I picked the girl name and DH picked boy name...we had a girl. Baby #2 DH picked both girl and boy name...another girl, baby # 3 I picked girl name he picked boy name...a third girl, baby # 4 DH picked boy name and we both agreed on girl name...we had a boy.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 12:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• My dh and I chose. WE agreed.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Neither of us liked the names each other picked, so we sat down and went through names until we finally agreed on one.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I liked the name Kane for a long time... but, I didn't think I liked it for a name for my child. It was the only name my husband liked besides Ryder... I really wanted to add a Y into Kane... So, It just came out to Kayne Ryder... but, his name fits him so much.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 12:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• J got just the names I wanted!!! I only gave my DH choices of names I liked for my DD... so I got what I wanted!! There was NO discussion on my son's name.. both our dads passed so I was having a sin named after my Dad no matter what!!! So I suggested we should name our son after both our dads.... Jonathan Donald... AKA JD ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010