Any suggestions of employment during pregnancy and/or is it pretty difficult to get hired when pregnant?

dani2780

Asked by dani2780 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Money & Work

• Pretty difficult to get a job while pregnant, but they are places that don't mind. A temp positions is good, a maternity store, a seasonal store. A home based business might be your best shot. So when you have the baby, you can continue to stay home and not have to work for anyone ever again. Visit my site, perhaps this may interest you and I would love to help you out. Good luck.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It is hard to get a job while pregnant. Then it is also hard on you if you are doing something that you are not use to doing in the first place. Just be upfront and honest about it in the interview cause they will know soon enough and some people just don't want someone that is going to have to go on materity leave. Good luck!!
    calapuls

Answer by calapuls at 2:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I gave up on my job hunting when I was five months pregnant. NOBODY would even consider me. I had a few interviews but as soon as they saw that I was pregnant they never called back. Kind of rude and illegal if you ask me, but whatever. I'm now seven months along and I'm going to stay out of work until after my baby gets here.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:33 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• It is a perfect time of year for seasonal retail employment. And many places try to keep the good employees after the first of the year, so its a good way to get your foot in the door. Or you could do one of the home based consulting businesses, they all have different amounts of money required to start. Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Partylite. You can set your own hours and have no problem with doctor visits, etc.

Employers are technically not allowed to not hire you due to your pregnancy, but they have tons of ways of getting around it, sadly. If your not showing yet, just don't say anything. Good luck!

chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Work from home!!!
    skywatcher1973

Answer by skywatcher1973 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• check out my journal entries we have 4 work from homes that are helping us!! They are all awsome!! Links to join are there also on the one that has about 159 views!
    hopfulllife

Answer by hopfulllife at 8:16 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Make some extra money for free!!

*Get paid to

*Read email

*take surveys

*shop online

ETC...

http://www.inboxdollars.com/?r=ref4186060 Put my email address northneckjen@yahoo.com in the referr box

http://www.snapdollars.com/index/northjen

uniquecandle27

Answer by uniquecandle27 at 8:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• This is an excellent job for stay-at-home moms as well as for working people looking for passive income. This is a financially solid company (established in 1978), with free entry, free training, and great support.

Based in Arizona, it works in all States, plus 135 countries.

For any question or concerns, email me. I'll help you to find the company's office in your area.

Best of luck to you
    momswithahope

Answer by momswithahope at 12:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2008