Are you gluten intolerant?

If so..how quickly were you able to change your diet? Was this hard..and do you have any advice on how to get started? Any help would be appreciated..Thanks:)

Heathercurlz

Asked by Heathercurlz at 12:29 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I have celiac disease. It is really not that hard if you just have discipline and stick to it and be really careful. There are SO many options out there, tons of blogs, books, websites, etc, with support and recipes. Very easy to make anything you want, just have to modify it a bit.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You have so many options now. They aren't perfect but they are doable. Twenty years ago my mom had to change her diet and it required a special mail order only company that cost a fortune.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I am not even sure what this is? I need to check into it. Maybe you could try Sparkpeople? They have excellent recipies and groups for about any issue you have. And they also have a healthy living side for if you aren't trying to lose weight. :)

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I wasn't officially diagnosed, but something was brought up an at appointment, and I decided right then and there that just to see if gluten was in fact a problem, I was done with it - I immediately stopped eating anything with gluten (also dropped dairy). It wasn't easy! I didn't last a terribly long time, because it didn't affect me to cut it out (I gave it a couple of months). DH's oldest nephew had to drop it instantly too (along with dairy, sugar, and more). He's been able to do well - but he also still lives at home and his mom buys what he can eat and pays attention to his food. He hates it, but hates worse how he feels if he slips up or something somewhere is mislabled or miscooked.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:18 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm not, but a friend's children and husband are. She highly recommends doing a Google search to find blogs of people who cook gluten-free.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 1:43 PM on Aug. 3, 2010