I was 17 and a 30ish old man had sex with me....

he told my parents he wanted me to babysit. when I got there there were no kids and he came on to me. I didnt really want to do it but was scared to say no.We had sex. I told a friend about it and they told his wife. When his wife confronted me, I lied and said no. Its been about 10yrs and I still want to tell her the truth. When I look back I almost think of it as rape. I dotn know if I should just be quiet- I havent seen him since then,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• wow yeah that was rape and its to late to tell his wife now its just something your going to have to live with
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Sweetie, it was NOT "almost rape" It WAS rape, and it was premeditated. He planned it out and set you up, asking you to babysit for kids that weren't there, getting you alone, and having sex with you against your will.

I understand that you lied to her because you were scared, and I understand that you didn't know what to do. Hindsight being what it is, it's easy to say you should have told your parents, etc - but you didn't, so don't beat yourself up over what choices you made then.

I would STRONGLY suggest you talk to a counselor about it, they can help you come to terms with what happened to you, and help you figure out if telling his wife would be more helpful or more harmful to you and your recovery from this at this point. But PLEASE, talk to someone, because you WERE raped, NOT "almost raped".

(((hugs!!!!)))
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• You should tell someone. If you don't live in Texas, then 17 is still considered an adolescent. I was raped at 16 by my ex-boyfriend. I didn't tell anyone for a long time and now i wish i would have said something earlier. So i would definitely tell someone.
    goldengal1387

Answer by goldengal1387 at 12:47 AM on Aug. 3, 2010