How can Palin be pro-life yet shoot defenseless animals from above?

Seems pretty hypocritcal, cold and mean to me, but that's just me.

Why wasn't her anti-choice view even brought up in the debate the other night, especially given the fact that she is so anti-choice, she's even against abortion in the cases of RAPE AND INCEST! She is really just Bush in a dress, or Cheney wearing lipstick, in my opinion, an arrogant bully.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Oct. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Unborn babies have souls, animals do not.
    mommy22miracles

Answer by mommy22miracles at 2:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Because they are going to STARVE TO DEATH there is not enough food for the wolves to eat so, they are killing them so, the ones that survive can eat. And have you ever tried to hunt on food? Now think about walking in the snow to do it. Animals are different than humans. NTM, when those animals start eating livestock and stuff then the people won't have anything to eat. And they are wolves they are not "poor defenseless animals"
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:53 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Who says animals don't have souls? Who says that zygotes do?
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• She can do it because one has nothing to do with the other. I adore my cat, but my cat is not my child. My cat is an animal, my children are people. A zygote has a soul because if it is allowed to continue to grow it grows into a person, something an animal will never do.

peachqpti

Answer by peachqpti at 3:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Have you ever seen an animal starve to death? Freeze to death? A vet friend of mine told me every time he puts an animal down, it takes a bit of him. He told me of an old horse he was called out to put down--it was freezing and stuck out in the snow making horriable noises Should he have left it? Have you ever seen decimated herds of elk starving because there wasn't enough food? Coming from a "ranch" type background, I can assure you that hunting is far more humane than what the beef you buy goes through. I hate to see coyotes shot, but as a ranch friend of mine told me--when you see a couple of coyotes eating a calf that is half born and hanging out of the mom & the mom exhausted from fending them off--you don't think twice. Which is interesting--if that calf is only half out and alive---aren't babies that are killed in partial birth abortions alive??
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Why can one be fined $5,000 for cracking a bald eagles egg--but nothing happens when you cut a child to pieces and suck it out of the mom? And we worry about people shooting animals when we allow our own kind to kill millions of defenseless children a year? That speaks volumes to our own humanity. And our country can't even decide if you deliver a child backwards except the head, take a sharp instrument and puncture it up into the brain and suck it out--and THEN pull the child out--that that isn't murder? But the outcry because people shoot wolves to keep their packs thinned enough to sustain them? Please..........
    Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• One is a baby, a human life, with a soul.... the other is an animal no soul. Thanks Ronnie80 loved your answer. What scares me is that this question was even asked. What is happening to our society when the life of an animal is more valued and more protected than an innocent baby.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• The animals she hunts are food! I am assuming you are a vegetarian?

In the case of abortion, we are talking about HUMANS! PEOPLE! and the most innocent and helpless none the less.
    joy2bamom

Answer by joy2bamom at 4:28 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• I agree with the question! No one has actual proof that a zygot has a soul. And who says an abortion has anything to do with chopping up babies?! That kind of abortion or partial birth abortion is way extreme. I think the question was geared for those using medical births. When someone goes out and buys high tech equipment, pharamones to trick animals, and sits in a tree to wait, that is when they become defensless! Come on people. Animals have teeth, claws, strength, and speed. That is no match for what most hunters use now. I think we do need to protect wildlife. History has shown that hunters have a tendency to over hunt and have a negative effect on an entire ecosystem. As for abortion, people have a right to make their own decision about their own body.  Who says the government has the right to determine that.

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 4, 2008

• Funny how people see the unborn as nothing more than a clump of cells. Guess what. it is alive before you know you're pregnant. Give the kid a choice...it's their life not the womans. PS I hunt too. I even take my kids when they are old enough to learn to hunt. Nothing wrong with being self sufficent!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 4, 2008