At times I don't feel pretty anymore

I look in the mirror disgusted! I used to be pretty and even then I was hard on myself. I would kill to have my old body back! When I found out I was pregnant I was 125lbs when I was in labor I was 180! I lost almost everything in the 1st month. I had 10lbs to go and then I got the worst PPD! I would be so depressed just cry and not want to do anything but eat. So here I am cured from depression and anxiety 2 years later with an extra 35lbs.. I weigh 160 ladies and I'm only 5 feet tall.. going from a 125 pound body to 160 pound is a HUGE difference! Because of this wight gain everything on my body has changed. My arms, my belly, my breasts, even my face is fat! I hate it and I just want to cry! I feel my husband doesn't look at me the same way he used to. He tells me all the time I'm beautiful but it doesn't help. I need to be motivated to lose this extra 35lbs! I wanna be me again! I wanna feel good about my self again! HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If your child is not already on a schedule, get her on one. Make time for you. You are not helping yourself by wallowing in your self pity. Get up 20 minutes earlier than you normally do, take a shower, fix your hair & make up, put on something nice. When your kid naps, work out for 30 minutes. Start eating right. No one can change your life except for you. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, & make some positive changes in your life. Good luck.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 2:48 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I'm 5'4 and when I got pregnant I weighed 127 pounds and I weighed 170 when I gave birth...I was soooo depressed after I had her bc I went from a size 7 to size 13 and 14 and never got below 160. She's almost 5 now and I had another baby thats 6 months old and I managed to lose all the weight from baby #2 but I'm back at 160. It is really depressing. One thing I found that makes me feel a little bit better is laying in the tanning bed...my mom used to always joke and say that tanned fat always loooked better than untanned fat on her lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010