Trying to lose weight but...

I started going to the gym about a month ago. About 6 months ago I put on about 20 pounds and can not shake them. Since I started working out I've put on 5 pounds. I eat very healthy, lots of fruit & veggies and my body looks trimmer. When am I going to start losing weight? I want to get rid of tge 2 sizes I put on!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It can be frustrating when the scale doesn't move or moves the wrong way, even when you're doing everything right. I am in the same boat and have just focused on healthy eating and getting 30-45 minutes of cardio at least five days. I've been doing this for two weeks and at first, I lost 2 pounds. I weighed myself yesterday and I had gained back 3 pounds! I've lost a couple of inches though, so I know what I'm doing is working.
    Measure your waist, hips, and arms every couple of weeks and you will probably notice your getting smaller. One reason you may have gained is if your doing weight training. Muscle weighs more than fat, but we want muscle because it makes us look leaner even if our weight isn't as low as we think it should be. Stick with it, and you'll keep SEEING results.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I would focus on measuring yourself and seeing if you are losing inches. When you work out, you will build muscle which weighs more than fat. We always tell our Herbalife customers that your weight is between you and the scale, your inches are between you and the world.
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• i started drinking boresha b-skinny coffee and have lost 11 lbs and i am even going through menopause which before i could not lost weight no matter what.it is a thermogenic ,low glycemic, all organic coffee. i have a website with all kind of testamonials about this coffee at http://pattystone.igetpaidtodrinkcoffee.com check it out and just hear how others have lost just like ihave.
    nawnaw428

Answer by nawnaw428 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Have you taken the time to count the calories you're consuming? You can still eat too much, even if you're eating healthy! I had that problem for a long time. I consume a very limited amount of processed foods, lots of fruits, veggies, legumes and very little meat. I work out 6 days a week and its high intensity more times than not BUT the scale wasn't budging, so I can't exercise anymore than I already am and still be a mom and wife, I decided to look at my diet. I cut down my lunch to snack size and immediately started dropping weight again.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:51 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• I have to agree.
    Count calories and measure your inches.

There are online calculators to find out your BMR, and you can find out how many calories to cut judging by how how active you are and how much you weigh and how tall you are.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 8:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2010

• in about a month or so...
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 2:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Nutritional Cleansing helped me lose weight and keep it off.

There is more information here - http://simplecleansing.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions you can message me here or email me. My contact info is on the website.
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 4:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2010