Got any good acne products?

Okay, I have the weirdest acne ever.So I've used just about every acne product and been to the dermatologist.
I've used clearasil,proactive,skinId, oxy,neutragena,
Got any new ideas?

CallieJoH

Asked by CallieJoH at 1:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• This is soo weird but lately I have just been wiping my face 2x a day with pampers sensitive wipes and my face is way cleared up!! Bizarre right?
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Hmm, I'll have to try that.Thanks :)
    CallieJoH

Comment by CallieJoH (original poster) at 1:41 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• For the past 2 months I've been using this skin care stuff for acne prone skin from Beauty Control and it's kinda like ProActiv but this stuff has actually worked for me. My aunt started selling Beauty Control, which is kinda like Mary Kay and they have skin care products and makeup and stuff. I've had acne since 6th grade and it was like the bad acne that made your face bright red and i'd get the really bad pimples that were big and really sore and my face now is completely cleared up. I got this little wand thing that reminds me of double ended lip gloss stick and it has one end for daytime and one for night time and you put it on a pimple and I swear its gone in a day or two. My mom used to take me to the Dr all the time and I tried all the topical gels, antibiotics, creams, pads, everything but this worked for me.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Get a prescription for Benzoyl Peroxide cleanser and use clindamyacin for a topical. Also antibiotics and Spironolactone work wonders!
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 6:25 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• do you have oily, combo or dry skin? For oily "Cetaphil" cleanser for normal to oily skin or for sensitive/dry skin cetaphil has a cleanser for dry/sensitive skin. Next apply the neutrogena acne stress control toner and gel (start out once a day for a week and then up it to twice a day.) You can use you normal day and night moisturizers after applying the acne products. The main thing to remember is be VERY consistent, cleanse your face twice a day (even if you wear makeup or not. Change out your pillow case every 2 or 3 days.
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 8:32 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I've heard great things about Pro-Activ!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Quit using "acne products" that are full of harsh chemicals.  These will create a never ending cycle.  

Jordan Essentials Oatmeal Milk & Honey glycerin soap is the best for acne prone skin.

I use the Gentle Cleasning Bar followed by Satin Shea Body Butter to moisturize.

These products do not contain any harsh chemicals, mineral oil, isopropyl alcohol, parabens, DEA, or SLS

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I started using noxema and it has done wonders.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 6:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2010

• get a facial.. if your dermatologist isn't giving you the right products it's probably because you don't have a high grade acne prone skin.. a facialist can tell you your skin type and the types of daily cleansers to use, and make ups that go with your skin type to prevent breakouts of comedones and pustules and papules..

nothing these women say on here can tell you exactly what to use because we don't have access to your skin, so while the products they recommend may work great on their skin.. it may not work 100% on yours.. which is why specialists are best.

you can also try things like changing your diet and destressing (facials are also great for that).

if it is acne however (true acne), then also seek your regular doctor for a check up, acne is typically caused by underlying medical conditions, not just clogged skin..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2010