would you have another child if your marriage isnt stable? adult content

I love my child, she means the world to me, and I would love to have another baby someday; however, and because of many reasons, I feel that my marriage is not so stable. I dont know what will happen; but would it be selfish to have another child in these circumstances?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Not intentionally.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Nope. And more than likely if my marriage was on the rocks I wouldn't be having sex with my husband. I don't like having sex if I am not feeling connected to him.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• well that's a hard one- Having a baby is proven to put a strain on any marriage in one way of another (we just got done with this in our college developmental psychology) anyhow so for sure don't think by any means this will make ANYTHING better between you two and expect that it will most likely make it worse...
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• The pressure of a new infant can shatter an already fragile relationship. Perhaps if you truly want another child perhaps you should work on your relationship first. A strong healthy marriage will benefit every single one of yo u and any future children you may have. GL
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't want to have a baby if my marriage was on the rocks. If you get divorced, you're going to be pretty much raising your kids on your own, unless you get shared custody.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• not selfish - maybe seen as inconsiderate of His feelings... thats how my SO looks at both of my pregnancies. i wish u luck

i wouldnt have more children until you find out if you want to stay with your husband/fix your issues etc.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• Yes, as long as I already had a child with the man I would have another but if I do not have a child with him then No I would not have a child with him.
    My reason is that even if you get a divorcee the kids would always have each other coming from the same mom and dad.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:55 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• It will not fix anything so no if things were on the rocks then no we would not be having a baby on the way. I have to agree with rhianna1708 we wouldn't be having sex with having issues.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2010

• No, I would not, and yes, I think it's kind of selfish. I guess it depends on your intentions. Do you want another child because you would love to have another child, or because you want your child to have a sibling? If it's the second one, I would say it's not selfish, but, IMO, misguided. The reason is because while the child might bring pleasure and companionship to you, or even your existing child, you would be likely bringing that child into a situation that would be really painful for it. That's just so sad. I just have one little boy, and with all my heart I don't want him to ever experience the kind of pain and damage caused to a child of divorce. GL, mama, I do hope your marriage gets better!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2010